TaaS -Telco as a service-
The introduction of new network technologies or dismantling and exiting legacy networks and services will undergo a long process. While the network is undergoing these changes there are situation in which the user of the communication service provider may move between the coverage area of respective networks.
In order to make sure Users are able to access their mobile services anywhere, the network functions must support interworking between legacy nodes and new technology functions.
JSC Ingenium’s Interworking functions offer a low-cost and reliable solution to help communication service providers smoothly steer the migration.
MAP Interworking Function
Bidirectional signaling translation of different protocols: IP to MAP
Supports bidirectional conversion between Diameter and MAP protocols
Access to conventional HLR via Web Services, LDAP, etc.…
Supports access to external user data to provide a virtual repository of user data (UDR / SPR)
- Phased migration from conventional network nodes with no full HLR migration required.
- Gradual launch of new products and services in conventional and new generation networks, monitoring effort and investment.
- Multi-vendor interoperability: minimal impact on the current network deployment.
- Abstracts the complexity of traditional networks enables IP developers to create new services without having an in-depth knowledge of 3G network architecture.
- JSC Ingenium ‘s MAP IWF can be implemented in various roles and interfaces, accommodating several integration scenarios, including:
- Integration from 3G to 4G.
- Integration from LTE to 3G.
- IMS integration.
- Integration of external intelligence.
- Mixed integration.
IN Interworking Function
Integration Gateway between conventional switching and control elements of new generation networks
Supports bidirectional conversion between IN (CAMEL and INAP) and SIP protocols
- Access to the capabilities of next-generation technologies with no need for a full migration.
- Phased migration of switching nodes and network control.
- Protects investment in infrastructure already deployed.
- Integration of additional sources of information (HSS, HLR, business databases, SDPs, etc.).
- Gradual launch of products and services in conventional and new generation networks.
- Total control of new elements and services, tracking the resource usage of the conventional network from the IP network and vice versa.
- Minimal impact on the current network deployment.
- Abstracts the complexity of traditional networks to enable IP developers to create new services without having an in-depth knowledge of 3G network architecture.
- “Chain triggering” supports sequential invocation of multiple SCFs and SCPs or SIP-AS, combining different technologies.
- Enables intelligent translation, routing and call control via SIP over conventional networks.
MSG Interworking Function
- JSC Ingenium ‘s MSG IWF handles real time conversion between all instant messaging protocols and 3G SMS and USSD protocols.
- Based on SMSC architecture includes all the functionalities of a short message centre.
- Charging function.
- Generation of CDRs.
- Transparent combination of different SMS and USSD channels.
- Routing capacities.
- Ability to select the preferred channel for a specific subscriber.
- Value-added communication services (copying, signature, etc.).