What are cookies?
Registered users who register or have logged in shall benefit from more customized and profile-oriented services, thanks to the combination of the information stored by cookies with the personal details used when they registered. Such users expressly authorize the
Moreover, the Website will be able to find out all the services requested by users, so that they can facilitate or offer appropriate information related to each user’s tastes or preferences.
What kinds of cookies are there?
Cookies, according to their Permanence, can be divided into:
- Session cookies: They expire when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: They expire based on when they have served their purpose (for instance, to keep identifying the user in Services) or when they are deleted manually.
Cookies, according to their Owner, can be divided into:
- Own Cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is managed by the editor itself and which provides the services requested by the user.
- Third-party Cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity which processes the information obtained through the cookies.
In addition, according to their Purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Performance Cookies: This type of Cookies remembers your preferences for the tools hosted in the services, so that you do not need to configure the service again every time you visit it. By way of example, this category includes:
- Volume adjustment of video or sound players.
- The speeds for video streaming that are compatible with your browser.
- Geolocation Cookies: These cookies are used to find out where in the world you are when the service is requested. This Cookie is absolutely anonymous and it is only used to help align content with your location.
- Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the user has registered or after they have opened their session, and are used to identify the user in the services for the following purposes:
- To keep the user identified so that, if a service, browser or computer closes and the user logs in to that service at another time, they will remain identified, allowing them to browse without the need of identifying themselves again. This functionality may be removed if the user clicks on the function “close session”, so that this Cookie is deleted, and next time they connect to the service, the user will need to sign in to be identified.
- To check whether the user is authorized to access certain services; for instance, to participate in a competition.
- Analytical Cookies: Each time a User visits a service, a tool from an external provider generates an analytical Cookie on the user’s computer. This Cookie, which is just generated in the visit, will work during subsequent visits to the Website Services to identify the visitor anonymously. The main purposes are:
- To allow the anonymous identification of Internet surfers through the “Cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people), and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their habits over time.
- To anonymously identify the most visited contents and, hence, the most appealing ones for users.
- To learn whether the user who is accessing is new or a repeat visitor.
Important: Unless that user decides to register with the Website service, the “Cookie” shall never be linked to any personal details that may identify you. Such Cookies shall only be used for analytical purposes that help optimize Users’ experience on the site.
- Behavioral-advertising Cookies: This type of “Cookies” makes it possible to offer commercials that are more in line with each anonymous user’s Website Services profile. Among others, the time or frequency spent viewing advertising positions, interaction with them, browsing patterns and/or the user’s behavior are stored, since they help create a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they make it possible to offer commercials that are appropriate to each user.
- Third-party advertising Cookies: Together with the advertising managed by the Website in its Services, the Website offers its advertisers the option of showing commercials through third parties (“AdServers”). In this way,
these third parties can store Cookies sent from the Website Services that come from the Users’ browsers, as well as access the information stored therein.
Which cookies do we use?
The cookies our website uses are:
Technical Cookies: those which allow the user to browse a website.
- euconsent-v2, addtl_consent, mc, _lfa Used to recognize the acceptance of the cookies policy by the user.
- PHPSESSID PHPSESSID User’s unique session ID.
Customization Cookies: these remember information so that the user access the service with certain features that may differentiate their experience from that of other users, like, for instance, the language and the number of results to be shown when the user conducts a search.
- divibar123551 Used to control the appearance of the form shown in the website header to request further information for events, products and services offered.
Name Type Domain Duration Purpose Google (Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager) Analytical and Tracking Cookies Click here
3 years To analyze users’ browsing habits to offer statistics.
_ga, _gat_gtag_, _gat_UA-29462451-3 Client’s ID used by Google Analytics to offer data from the website.
NID Used by Google to remember your preferences and other information, such as your favorite language, the number of search results that you wish to be displayed per page and whether you would like the SafeSearch filter from Google to be on or off.
_gid Used by Google Analytics to offer information regarding visits and time.
__utma Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users and sessions.
Google (doubleclick) Advertising and remarketing Cookies Click here Persistent To offer commercials on our products or services. DoubleClick cookies do not contain personal identification information.
DSID, IDE Used by Google (doubleclick.net) for commercials based on the user’s preferences.
WordPress Technical and Analytical Cookies Click here 2 years WordPress is owned by the North American company Automattic, Inc. It allows website traffic to be analyzed and browsing statistics to be obtained.
__qca analyzes website traffic and installs for all users a statistical cookie that tracks and stores their IP (company Automattic) through a third party (Quancast) to provide website rankings. Moreover, the information collected is also used to segment the audience.
Quantcast Technical and Analytical Cookies Click here 30 days Analysis of our users’ browsing habits.
euconsent-v2, euconsent, addtl_consent, mc, -lfa Used to compile data corresponding to preferences on cookies.
How can you disable cookies?
It is usually possible to stop accepting either browser Cookies or the Cookies of a particular Service.
All modern browsers make it possible to change the Cookies settings. These settings are usually found under “options” or “preferences” on your browser’s menu. Likewise, you can configure your browser or your e-mail manager, as well as install free add-ons to prevent the downloading of Web Bugs when opening an e-mail.
The Website offers the User guidance on how to access the cookies configuration menu, and when appropriate, private browsing on each of the main browsers:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Configuration.
For further information, please check Microsoft’s support guide or the browser’s Help section.
Configuration and more -> Configuration -> Delete browsing data.
Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Browsing history -> Customized configuration.
Configuration -> Advanced configuration -> Privacy and security -> Delete browsing data.
Preferences -> Security.
For further information, please check Apple’s support guide or the browser’s Help section.
Will the Cookies Policy be amended?
The Website may modify this Cookies Policy to meet legislative and regulatory requirements, or with the aim of adapting the Policy to directives from the Spanish Data Protection Agency. We therefore recommend that users visit it on a regular basis.
When significant changes are made to this Cookies Policy, users shall be informed through the website, or by an e-mail sent to registered users.